Johnm

Print Orientation

Hi all,

I might figure this out before I get a response but here is my issue or Question. I am designing a speaker port tube. Which is basically a flared out hollow round tube. I have printed this in the vertical direction in Vase mode. Works GREAT; comes out perfect. I now want to print a port tube with a 1mm thin flat bottom piece in the center of the tube. I have tried to print this vertically and when it gets to the flat piece the layers don't bond together and print as a solid bottom or round piece. It is not a Under extrusion nozzle issue. I know that much. It is either trying to print on supports or the Orientation of my part.
Now, I have tried to print this on its side horizontal orientation and then the round flat piece, which is now in the Vertical printing order prints perfect but the outer port tube does not print correctly. So should I print this at a 45 degree angle in order to print correctly? Or something else.

Thank You in Advance for any help you can give me!!!
S3D-Jason

Re: Print Orientation

It would help a lot to post some pictures of the part or print preview. That way people can make more informed suggestions.
Johnm

Re: Print Orientation

Here is a picture of one part I am trying to print. I tried designing this part as a 20mm x 20mm extrusions that make up the frame. But that is just to thick and big @ 50% infill. I tried designing it as a 10mm x 10mm Extrusion and that is just not strong enough. Breaks easily. My last print I designed it as a 20mm x 3mm thickness. This is also very week. Printing an object like a tube either printed in vase mode or not in vase mode it is very strong even at 1mm thick and really strong at 3mm thick.
I thought printing at 3mm x 20mm x X would result in a part that was equally as strong. I printed this flat on the build platform.

Attachments
IMG_6386.png

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”