TopHATTwaffle

Where is Anti-scar settings?

I can't seem to find the settings to enable / configure the new "Intelligent Anti-Scarring" feature of 5.1.
dkightley

Re: Where is Anti-scar settings?

Advanced tab...under Ooze Control Behavior....called "Intelligent Anti-Scarring".

Sorry, just looked again, its called "Force retraction on top layer"

Silly me! Or is it hyper marketing of new features??

EDIT

I have to add that it took me around 15 minutes comparing the settings tabs between 5.0.1 and 5.1 to actually find all four of the hyped up "features" They give us new features....but don't tell us where to find them! Am I surprised??
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
S3D-Jason

There's actually 3 separate features that all work together for anti-scarring.

1) If you move over a top layer without retracting, it tends to leave oozing. Enable the "Force retraction on top layers" setting on the Advanced tab so that it will always retract when moving over a top surface. That actually helps quite a bit just by itself.

2) Even if you are retracting, the nozzle can sometimes drag through previously printed plastic. This tends to happen a lot when you are slightly over-extruding or when parts deform slightly after printing. If you want to solve this issue for the top layers, first turn on Z-hop by entering a value like 0.1mm for the Retract Vertical Lift on the Extruders tab. Then you can save time by making sure the lift only happens on top layers by enabling the "Only vertical lift on top layers" option on the Advanced tab.

3) The last feature is actually something that happens automatically in the Version 5.1 slicing engine. We improved the path planning quite a bit to try to avoid movements that would typically cause scars. There's no extra work to enable this setting, it just happens automatically.

All of those 3 changes combined can create some very noticeable improvements on the prints!
fatboy1271

dkightley wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:24 am I have to add that it took me around 15 minutes comparing the settings tabs between 5.0.1 and 5.1 to actually find all four of the hyped up "features" They give us new features....but don't tell us where to find them! Am I surprised??
This drives me nuts... I get excited about their Tweets and then have to do my own research 🙄
Creality CR-10S with E3D V6
CR-10 Ultimate Leveling Knob Attachment by Valstrath
Bowden Tube Clip by walter
CR-10 Heavy Duty customisable modular e3D V6 mount Volcano 5015 ABL by chito
#Let'sGoPens!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”