muzzlitebeer

how to send print to a Klipper printer?

I just downloaded 5.1 tonight. I noticed in the release notes; "Compatibility has been extended to provide seamless integration with 3D printers powered by Klipper, OctoPrint, and Duet3D electronics", but how do you tell S3D that you're sending to a Klipper printer?

With PrusaSlicer, it's easily found in the 'Printer/General' tab. I was hoping S3D would be just as simple? I can't find it anywhere.
S3D-Jason

Re: how to send print to a Klipper printer?

You connect to it like any other printer in S3D. Go to Tools > Machine Control Panel, then click the "Add New" button in the top left to start the connection wizard. There you can enter the IP address and port for your Klipper powered printer. Klipper typically uses port 80, so be sure to enter when specifying the settings manually.

There's a few more tips on our FAQ page below:
https://www.simplify3d.com/resources/faq/#quest-6354
muzzlitebeer

Thanks Jason. I'll try that tonight when I get home from work.

I think you've solved my problem. From memory, I think S3D was trying to connect to port 3000. I'll put in port 80 and see how I go.

It will be soooooo cool to be able to output directly to Fluidd.

Cheers
muzzlitebeer

Well, it took a bit longer to get around to it than I'd hoped.

Wow. What a fantastic thing to know. You nailed it. Port 80 did the trick.

One thing tho', when I sent the gcode to the printer, it didn't give me the opportunity to name it. It's now called print-20230517-213720-137.gcode. How do I rename the file before sending to the printer?
S3D-Jason

Glad it's working well! If you want to give the file a specific name, see the suggestion here:
viewtopic.php?p=65636#p65636

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”