stued

OctoPrint in 5.1

Hi, so it states you can now connect to OctoPrint on version 5.1

How is this done as I cannot find it

Thanks
S3D-Jason

Re: OctoPrint in 5.1

You connect to it just like any other printer in S3D. Go to Tools > Machine Control Panel, then click the "Add New" button in the top left to start the connection wizard. Enter the IP address for your OctoPrint instance along with the port (typically port 80 for a stock OctoPrint install). It will ask for the API Key after it connects to the printer if that is required.

If you still can't connect after following those steps, there's a few more suggestions on our FAQ page here:
https://www.simplify3d.com/resources/faq/#quest-6354
emilyshirley

Re: OctoPrint in 5.1

Thanks for this answer to @stued's question. It confirmed that I was following the right steps when trying to connect my Voron (therefore either through Klipper or Octoprint in my case), which then led me to find that the connection wouldn't work using the name of the device, only with the IP address. Strangely, I can enter the name in my browser or when SSHing to the device from the terminal, but S3D doesn't seem to recognise it.

No urgency from my side, since I have simply enabled a fixed IP address for the device and it now works for me (connecting to Octoprint), but sharing in the hope that this might be investigated or as a help to others who might face the same problem.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”