tcope

Print Names via Wifi

When printing via wifi the print names are "print-xxxxxx-xxxxxx". Is there no way to have the actual file name used?
S3D-Jason

Re: Print Names via Wifi

You can customize the filename if you prefer. Just click "Export Build File to Disk", choose a name for the file, then go back to the Machine Control Panel and click Print to select that file.
muzzlitebeer

That method is only slightly quicker than my current workflow.

It's too bad there isn't an option to rename the file before it completes the export to the printer.
ptegler

have to wonder here...with ANY work flow, why wouldn't you save your job to a local file before exporting to the printer to begin with? just curious. you apparently REALLY trust your computer to not hiccup. :-)
tcope

ptegler wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:20 pm have to wonder here...with ANY work flow, why wouldn't you save your job to a local file before exporting to the printer to begin with? just curious. you apparently REALLY trust your computer to not hiccup. :-)
Not sure I explained the process enough as there would be no hiccup.

I slice the object in S3D and then hit Prepare top Print, Select Wifi and choose the printer. As S3D is, it sends the file to the printer. This works just fine. What I think needs to be _fixed_ is that the file cannot be named. That is the only issue (no issue sending the file, not that it would matter anyway). All other slicers that do this same thing allow the file name to be changed when sending to the printer. That is all I'm looking for... just that S3D allow the file name to be changed when sent. Noting else.

What I'm told it.. there is a work around. But that work around is no different then saving the file, renaming it and then sending it to the printer using the separate Machine Control app. This 100% defeats the ability to connect to the printer via wifi.
S3D-Jason

tcope wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:42 pm This 100% defeats the ability to connect to the printer via wifi.
Just to clarify, you can still connect to the printer via wifi and send it any file you want. After you connect, just click the Print button and you can browse to the file that was exported using whatever filename you want.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”