nerys

2 Bugs found - grouping process does not take model selection changes

Place one model on the bed. make it multi process. in my example I needed 6 processes

now I want to print 4 of these in different orientations to take advantage of co extrusion color change effects. also wanted sequential (vase mode)

so I grouped the 6 processes together into one group.

First bug. when you "copy and paste" a grouped set of process the grouping is broken, they paste as individual processes instead of as a second set of grouped processes ie Group 2 Group 3 etc..

I did this 2 more times creating 4 groups of 6 processes each I have to manually regroup each set.

I then duplicated the flower 4 times. rotating each one 90' for effect and positioned appropriately for sequential printing

Second Bug

When you select a group and change model selection. it does not work. it ONLY changes the model selection for the first process in the group. processes 2-5 retain the default processes in this case all of them.

you now have to expand each grouped set of processes and edit each individual process to alter the model selection. so I had to do this 18 times.

Third bug. maybe not a bug might be a consequence of the other 2 ?? Variable Settings does not function in this configuration (1 model with a group of processes)

When I try to use variable settings and select "different settings for each model" the screen is not alterable. it will not permit me to increase the number past 1. it shows me "group 1 and my model below this in tree formation" but won't let me duplicate.

Factory file attached before I went through and made the 18 corrections.
Attachments
VaseMode_CallaLilly_Flower.factory
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
nerys

Re: 2 Bugs found - grouping process does not take model selection changes

looks like grouping might be broken. I Just tried to alter temps for a PETG print and it only changed the temp for the FIRST process and not the other 5 parts of the grouping. this is something that worked correctly before. OR because each process had a different temperature S3D "separated" temp from group alterations? (which also makes sense)
S3D-Jason

Re: 2 Bugs found - grouping process does not take model selection changes

From reading your description, I think all of those behaviors are actually intentional.

When you copy and paste processes, it always pastes them as a new process. You can then choose if you want to group them again. That's how it was designed.

The "Select Models" button along with "Custom Zones" are 2 things that are NOT changed at the same time when you group and edit multiple processes. That is intentional as frequently a key reason for creating multiple processes is to assign them to different zones or models.

For the third one, if you select the "Different settings for different models" option in the Variable Settings Wizard, but you only have 1 model that has been imported, then it's only going to allow you to create 1 group. If you had 5 models for example, it could help you automatically create 5 separate processes, but only 1 model means only 1 possible process. You can use the "Different settings for different Z-ranges" option if you want multiple processes for a single model.

For your question about the PTEG temperatures not changing, that also sounds intentional. If each process had different temperatures already BEFORE grouping, then changing the temperature within one of those processes AFTER grouping won't overwrite all the others. The idea is that any settings which are the same between ALL processes will be changed across the entire group, but otherwise they only change within the current process.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”