Rocketsci

Printing over USB crashes print head at end of print

Hi there,

Have this issue when printing over USB to the printer. At the end of the print the print head will go all the way to the far end of the X axis and crash into the printer frame, and then continually push/crash until I hit the emergency stop. I have tried editing the end script but nothing changes the behavior. If I run it over SD card this does not occur and the end script commands are respected. My starting script also does not activate when printing over USB, so I wonder if printing over USB just ignores the starting and ending script commands, and I appear to have no control over what the print head does once the print is complete. Very bad! worried it damaged my printer.
S3D-Jason

Re: Printing over USB crashes print head at end of print

That's pretty odd that the machine would behave differently if you run the file over USB or from SD card. You didn't mention the printer you are using, but have you tried asking the manufacturer why the same file behaves differently when printed over USB or from the SD card?
Rocketsci

monoprice maker select, wanhao i3 clone. why would the mfg know? the slicer makes the gcode. the slicer outputs to the SD card or the USB - so the difference would be in the slicer, not the machine. I've already confirmed it prints fine over USB using other slicers. This is specifically a simplify3d issue.
gearsawe

@S3D-Jason
is the post proccessing only done after you save gcode file? and being ignore while using USB?
S3D-Jason

The post-processing is executed for both modes (USB or export to disk).

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”