Doggydoc

Printing over support

Hi, I am having an issue with poor quality when printing a layer over a support. As it seems the support orientation is always parallel to the X axis, as is the fist layer when printed over a support . The layer printed directly onto the bed is oriented at 45 degrees. This causes in my prints a poorer quality, as some lines are purely bridging, falling between the support structures. rotating the object by 90 degrees might help, but is not a very comfortable solution. Is there a way to orient the first layer over a support structure also in a 45 degree angle ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Matthias
Attachments
Bild 29.05.23 um 11.02.jpeg
Bild 29.05.23 um 11.01.jpeg
S3D-Jason

Re: Printing over support

There's several options. You could go to Edit Process Settings > Support tab, and change the "support pattern rotation" angle to something other than 0 degrees. For example, using 45 degrees would prevent it from being aligned with the X-axis.

Another option could be using the fixed bridging angle option on the Other tab. That changes the direction of the yellow bridging extrusions. Generally, the direction the software picks by default is already optimized, so I would probably prefer the first option above to change the support angle.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”