MakerBotman

BAD Filament on Ebay!!!!

I purchased a couple rolls from a seller called (Eshop2018) and they looked black and then printed a light blue color... The seller sent me a response threw Ebay knowing about the problem and told me that he had no other customers complaining of the issue.

I am returning ALL rolls of material since the quality was so bad on the rolls of black that they had bubbles and turned a light blue color. Below is a picture i took and sent to the seller and was offered a whole $5.00 off each roll with no option of returning the bad rolls...

The brand i have been having good luck with and will stick with from Ebay is called (Sain Smart) the only downfall is the cardboard rolls.
MakerBotman

Re: BAD Filament on Ebay!!!!

Wanted to share this message i got from the seller.

eBay
New message from: eshop2018 Top Rated Seller (16920YellowShooting Star)
We've been informed by our supplier that the lighter Black color in ABS is due to the way in which the colors are added. The same dyes are used in both our ABS and PLA filament, but because the natural form of ABS is an off-white solid color, it takes on a lighter appearance as opposed to the naturally transparent PLA. They are currently revising their manufacturing process to ensure that Black ABS takes on the proper, deeper shade. For the time being, however, all of the Black ABS that we have in stock is of the same lighter shade.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you.
Umpa

I have black ABS that prints jet black, so I don't buy that story.
mikenmel08

I have bought a LOT of filament from that seller and never had an issue with him....Maybe they just got a bad batch?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”