zemlin

Material build up in small solid-infill areas

The biggest issue I have with V5 is material build up in small solid-infill areas. I don't know what's causing it, but I can run the same parts, same settings, and get nice clean parts. V5 parts require some sanding to remove excess material. I've tried tweaking all the settings I can think of, but small solid-infill areas still come out with too much material. If I change those areas to all perimeters they print OK, but that's adding more processes that need to have parts assigned to them.

V5 also requires extra steps for every print job. You're forced to create support on parts in V5. V4 automatic support works fine. Tweaking settings in grouped processes requires ungrouping and regrouping depending on what settings I want to tweak (my template print job has 17 processes). There are some features I like in V5, but I get better parts from V4, and it's quicker/easier to setup the print jobs, and I'm disappointed the part nesting isn't any smarter on V5 than V4.

I was mixing V5 on some parts and V4 on others, but that started to get messy, and V4 is quicker when setting up the jobs, so it's back to V4 for everything.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”