dmitryr

Upgrade to Floating License

Create an upgrade path from standard to floating license.
tastechnician

Re: Upgrade to Floating License

Agreed.

Kind regards,
blobabee

+1 Most software will allow this as people have several computers to work with. I know for me, I have a desktop I use it on, but sometimes I want to run it on my laptop for a printer the isn't near the others. Thanks much!
KOPrinting

+1
crazyhamsales

Floating license is in my vote... would be nice to bounce between my laptop and desktop without having to deactivate and activate all the time with the single seat license that version 5 has now. I miss my second seat, so a floating license would at least accomplish the same for me because i only have one computer actively in use at a time.
S3D-Jason

Just to make sure everyone knows - we do already have floating licenses available for S3D V5. They allow you to easily move between many different computers, so if you have a lot of different machines it's a good option. I think the OP just wants a way to more easily switch between purchasing one or the other (right now floating licenses have to be purchased separately).

If anyone wants to purchase a floating license right now, you can already do so by contacting our team below:
https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/
Instrumentation

S3D-Jason wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:04 am Just to make sure everyone knows - we do already have floating licenses available for S3D V5. They allow you to easily move between many different computers, so if you have a lot of different machines it's a good option. I think the OP just wants a way to more easily switch between purchasing one or the other (right now floating licenses have to be purchased separately).

If anyone wants to purchase a floating license right now, you can already do so by contacting our team below:
Yes. OP is aware of the existence of the floating license, and almost certainly would prefer to pay another $200 to upgrade from single seat to floating instead of $400 for an entirely new second license.
metaobjects

The license is already per user not per machine, why is floating license not the default? The software already supports, the web back-end already supports it.
S3D-Jason

I would say the standard licenses are both per user AND per machine. The floating licenses are the ones that can be purchased by a single user and installed on many machines. So we have both options available and customers can choose which is the best fit for them.

Either way, I think we already understand the request from the original OP, and we've explained what's available right now for customers to purchase. If anyone has further questions about the available purchase options, please feel free to email our team directly at the link below to discuss further:

Return to “Feature Requests”