Image_Engine

[ADDED] Auto max speed based on volumetric max

Since max feed rate is ultimately volumetric, can we get a feature in S3D (similar to 'other'slicers Auto Speed function) so that it governs the actual speed based on that?
Would be so helpful

EDIT? Sorry I put in the wrong category but cant edit to move it
S3D-Jason

Re: Auto max speed based on volumetric max

I believe this was already added in the V5 software. Go to Edit Process Settings > Speeds tab, and enable the "Reduce print speed for excessively high flow rates" option. You can then set the desired max flow rate for each extruder and the software will automatically lower the speed to make sure that flow rate is not exceeded.
Image_Engine

Thanks again
Im probably not reading the title properly
So eg I could simply set speeds except eg outline perim/layer etc and that option will globally override and act as a governor? Correct
S3D-Jason

You can set the speeds to whatever you want, but if you enable the "Reduce print speed for excessively high flow rates" option then the software will automatically lower the speeds in the output file to avoid exceeding the flow rate that you set. So yes, this option is already present in the software. I'm going to mark the feature as ADDED so that others know this has already been implemented in V5.

Return to “Feature Requests”