zbaldridge

Overlapping perimeter problem

I am trying to print this block shown in my jpeg image, single 2.5mm extrusion width, .75mm layer height, with the outer perimeter loop of the block printed first, then 4 small inner web features separate. I dont want it to print on top of itself at all, and have tried multiple ways and settings to create this block. Also have tried just printing perimeter only with no infill. I have attached a factory file with with several different versions of this block, attempting for a simple single extrusion. When it prints into itself it tends to bulge the outer surface, where I want a clean consistent surface. I'm out of ideas, so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Screenshot_20230826_103945_Gallery.jpg
Attachments
Test blocks.factory
(12.08 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
S3D-Jason

Re: Overlapping perimeter problem

It looks like you had a lot of settings modifications already, but I just loaded a completely stock profile, set the nozzle diameter and extrusion width to 2.5mm, then enabled single extrusions on the advanced tab. That allowed the software to print a single extrusion around the entire shape which seemed to look reasonably good (better than what I saw using some of the settings in your factory file).

So it might be worth starting with a stock profile and just making those changes only.

Another change that helped in my experimentation was to increase the "Single extrusion endpoint extension" to a larger value like 1.0mm. The stock value of 0.2mm works well with normal sized nozzles, but you will probably want something much larger for a 2.5mm nozzle. That helps the small vertical ribs join up better with the outer shape.
zbaldridge

Thanks for your reply. I've tried what you described and get weird results on the slice. Could you try with the factory file I attached to the original message and see what you get? Thanks
S3D-Jason

I did already use that factory file. That's how I came up with the values I mentioned above.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”