SgtJon

this is a how-to request for Dremel 3D45

I am a brand new Simplify user with (at least) 2 questions.
I have defined several models/processes in order to change filament colors within a single project. The problem is that at the end of a process the machine comes to a full stop. Because of this the machine assumes a clean build plate (and therefore a new project) and does a 9 point check of the build plate. This of course causes crashes between the project and the extruder assembly.

The machine does allow a manual "Pause" during construction, thereby allowing a filament change, prior to proceeding.

Question 1. Is it possible to build in a pause "Pause" rather than "End" at the end of a process.
Question 2. I lieu of the above, is it possible to turn off that quality check at the beginning of each process?

Thank you in advance for your help.
S3D-Jason

Re: this is a how-to request for Dremel 3D45

You said you defined several processes different colors. When you prepare to print, are you selecting all of those processes at once so that it exports a single gcode file for all of the models?

Typically, the ending scripts only runs at the end of the gcode file, so that typically wouldn't happen between 2 processes within a single file.
SgtJon

Jason thanks for the reply. You guessed correctly, I specified 5 models and 6 processes. What I think you told me is that a process is a complete "Start_Work_Stop" cycle. Given that, there should be only 1 process defined that contains all 5 models. Understanding that, I'm still left with the question; how do I tell the machine to stop at the end of each model?
S3D-Jason

So you're saying you intentionally want the machine to stop after each model it prints?

If that's your intent, you could probably use sequential printing and then add a pause command to the process change script. However, not all machines support pause commands, so you might want to check with Dremel to see if that command is supported in their firmware.
SgtJon

Oh yes, I can manually pause the 3d45, therefore allowing a filament color change. I can't find that command in the Simplify application, can you tell me where I can find that?
S3D-Jason

I would recommend asking Dremel directly, since they are the ones that develop and maintain the firmware for that machine. They can confirm if your printer supports gcode-based pause commands.
SgtJon

Jason thanks again
dignifiedweb

Hi, did you ever figure out how to initiate a pause command via Gcode?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”