splinter

Inside supports

Trying to figure out how to remove this sort of support inside of this wallet I am trying to print. Not sure why it is in there and have looked everywhere I can think of to find out where to turn this off. Supports is turned off. Probably something simple. Any help would be great.
Attachments
Simplify3d.png
S3D-Jason

Re: Inside supports

Just select the model and click Supports > Remove All Supports (or click the trash can icon in the bottom toolbar, which does the same thing).
TheBum

if that screenshot is with colors indicating features, that's not support, it's a top layer.
Instrumentation

splinter wrote: Trying to figure out how to remove this sort of support inside of this wallet I am trying to print. Not sure why it is in there and have looked everywhere I can think of to find out where to turn this off. Supports is turned off. Probably something simple. Any help would be great.

TheBum wrote: if that screenshot is with colors indicating features, that's not support, it's a top layer.
To elaborate further, an unexplained layer in your model probably means your model itself isn't watertight, and the slicer can't tell the insides from the outsides. The layer corresponds with the edge of the notch feature, so it could be related to that. Fiddle with the mesh repair options. If that doesn't work, you'll need to fix it manually or re-export from CAD if you have that option.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”