Johnm

Combining Walls & Infill

The link is to a short video that explains my dilemma On how to get my outline perimeters/Walls to stick together or have infill between the Wall as shown in my video. because as I explain Walls are so much nicer than mostly infill. I don't know if I need to make each Wall wider/thicker? I am already printing at 1.0mm line width. But if I try to use just one Wall around my part and the rest infill my part does not look very good. If I use 2 or 3 walls thats 4-6 total wall then I get the issue shown in the linked Video.

Link to video on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/qYbfBtTtsT0?si=bmDpX_rde_wo4wVt
TheBum

Re: Combining Walls & Infill

Try reducing the extrusion width or reducing the number of perimeters.
Johnm

Here is another video of a AMP Box I designed showing a one wall 2 outer perimeters one inside and one outside. Yhe Link to my video is here: https://youtu.be/SlYG6Xblnf4?si=ztbllKBE0fHKe23r
jfkansas

Post a factory file, you got something way out of whack. I usually run infill to perimeter overlap at 30%. But that doesn't have anything to do with your 4 walls not being solid together.
Johnm

here is one of my .factory files...

Thanks, the infill to the First wall is not the main issue it is combining 2 or more parameter/walls together that is the main issue. I don't know if this profile will show but I usually do Infill over lap at 50% for this exact issue. And how to print a "TOP LAYER" on top of a "Wall" that is not really a full top layer. I'd love to have the perimeter print on top of an open wall. That would somewhat seal at least the Perimeters together even if there is no infill between the Perimeters as in my Videos. And add a nice top layer to the wall. Even CURA tried to Automatically determine if you are printing a Top Layer or a Wall but that did not work 100% of the time and there is no way in CURA to manually tell the slicer to print said piece as a wall or as a top layer.
Attachments
KAMPBOX.factory
(95.74 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”