grahamnugie

Part Won't Slice Correctly

Hi All
I've just joined the group and would like to say hello.
I'm after some help with a strange issue. I've just move to Simplify 3D after having issues with Cura and 3D printed planes. I'm trying to print a A321 Jet liner and brought the files from Cults 3D. When I open the files in Cura and slice them I get a hole in the bottom. When I slice the part in Simplify 3D I get a solid bottom. Does any one know how to fix this. They both have the same number of bottom layer (4). I have attached images of the problem and the file I'm trying to print.
If anyone can help I would be very grateful.
Thanks
Attachments
Simplify 3D sliced
Simplify 3D sliced
Cura sliced
Cura sliced
F1 Problem File.zip
Part with Issue
(2.46 MiB) Downloaded 97 times
S3D-Jason

Re: Part Won't Slice Correctly

Go to Edit Process Settings > Advanced tab > and make sure the "Slicing Region Repair Mode" is set to positive or alternating fill (but NOT "merge all boundaries").
grahamnugie

That didn't work on the version I'm using.
S3D-Jason

What version are you using?
TheBum

It slices fine for me in 5.1.2. What version of S3D are you running?
grahamnugie

TheBum wrote: It slices fine for me in 5.1.2. What version of S3D are you running?
I'm using version 5.1.2.
I just won't to confirm that you get a hole in the bottom. It does slice ok but I don't get the hole in the bottom.
TheBum

I don't see a hole when I view the file in macOS Preview. Normally when something like this happens, there's an extra mesh in the file and you can get rid of it by using the Separate Connected Surfaces option in the Mesh menu and deleting the meshes you don't want. However, that doesn't work with this model, so there's something else wrong with the file. I'd suggest loading it into MeshMixer and doing a repair operation.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”