SgtJon

Pause for Dremel 3D45

In the last round of posts for this subject it was established that the G code necessary to pause the Dremel 3D45 was G5. I have tried every conceivable combination of letters and characters that have resulted in 3 outcomes: the machine 1. immediately pauses, 2. immediately closes the process or, 3. totally ignores the command. I'd like to ask for a very simple code change for this Dremel product.

Please just tweek the code for the Custome Zones function. Currently the "stop printing" command actually results in project completion. Can we replace the current "stop printing " command with that (TO ME) elusive G5 command? I'd be extremely happy to do the Beta for you.
S3D-Jason

Re: Pause for Dremel 3D45

The printer's firmware is what is responsible for handling the G5 command. For example, you can export a g3drem file for the 3D45 that contains the G5 command, then move that to the printer. Now you can run the print and see what happens. S3D isn't involved at that point. It's just the firmware deciding what to do when it encountered the G5.
SgtJon

Jason thanks. I'm a total novice to Gcode programming, so I have no idea how I'd go about doing what you suggested. However I can tell you that there is a pause button on the printer and it gives you three options:
1. "Change filament" (that's the function I'm looking for) 2. "Resume" and 3. "Adjust Print Settings". So what I'm looking for is for s3d to fire off that G5 command when the End Printing number is reached. As I said Gcode is totally foreign to me, but I have been doing application programming for the past 40 years and believe that what I'm asking would be a very simple procedure. Thanks again buddy
S3D-Jason

Again, there's no way to change the printer behavior for a G5 pause from the gcode. That's fully controlled by the firmware. If you want different pause behavior from the firmware then you need to talk to Dremel. They're the ones that developed the firmware for that machine.
SgtJon

Jason there is a pause button on the machine. When the button is pushed it issues a command. The command is then interpreted by the firmware. A command is issued by s3d application at "End Printing" which is similarly recognized by the firmware and it (the firmware) proceeds to take action based upon that command.

What I am asking for is that the command that the s3d issues at "End Printing" is replaced with the 3d45 pause command.
IhatemyISP

SgtJon wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:09 pm What I am asking for is that the command that the s3d issues at "End Printing" is replaced with the 3d45 pause command.
I know this might be a little late but....

If I'm understanding this correctly, you're wanting to do the following:
  1. Use multiple processes to print a model
  2. Each of those processes is using the custom zones to specify print start/stop heights as necessary
  3. Between each process, you want S3D to have a G5 command issued (I'm assuming for you to change filament or something?)
If that list is correct, I believe I have a solution for you.
  1. Add all the processes you need, specifying the print start/stop heights and other settings as necessary.
  2. For each process after the first, in the "Scripts" put just "G5" in the "Process Change" section
  3. Click Prepare for print
  4. Read this a couple of times and determine which printing mode you need/want.
  5. Click "Select All" for the processes (ensure all processes are highlighted).
  6. Select your printing mode and press Ok
  7. Follow your normal S3d to Dremel printing workflow

While I don't have a Dremel machine to test this on, I can verify the Gcode. There are three processes total giving two process changes and two "G5"s.
Attachments
Processes.png
Process_2_through_infinity.png
G5_per_process_change.png
SgtJon

I really appreciate your suggestion, Sadley S3d will only accept a single process at a time, therefore
there can be no "Change Process."

Return to “Feature Requests”