rflulling

V5.1.2.0 crashing: no error on screen

I have figured out how to crash the program. Well not figured out but did it 2 times in a row. Pretty sure it's related to infill.

Program "drops" after I try "prepare to print". - Just vanishes. No error on screen.
Will update this original post as I worm out the details.

Faulting application name: Simplify3D.exe, version: 5.1.2.0, time stamp: 0x64d66988
Faulting module name: Simplify3D.exe, version: 5.1.2.0, time stamp: 0x64d66988
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000024a207
Faulting process id: 0x4708
Faulting application start time: 0x01da196353e7ca75
Faulting application path: F:\Simplify3D-5.1.2\Simplify3D.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Simplify3D-5.1.2\Simplify3D.exe
Report Id: 1ac42347-f752-4632-bc51-599392660793
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Source: Application Error
Task Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Level: Error
S3D-Jason

Re: V5.1.2.0 crashing: no error on screen

We typically need the exact factory file that includes the model and process settings required to reproduce the crash. So next time it happens, please try to export those files and attach them to this thread so we can reproduce the issue.
rflulling

For sure.

However, it wasn't the file itself. In fact there really wasn't much of anything model wise just a small vase test. The issue was happening when I started trying to switch on functions to run a benchy. But every time S3D crashed causing me to loose everything i just flipped on and the imported model.

Once I started getting serious about nailing down the exact function causing the issue or maybe a combination, of settings. Yup, now it wont do it. The bane of any support technicians existence, intermittent with no defining cause...

Regardless you can be sure I will submit anything requested, except codes to access my machine ;-)

Edit: the issue vanished after a PC restart. Even though it had been reproduce able each time I set S3D back up the same. The issue may have had more to do with some stupidity in a Microsoft Driver that S3D is dependent on. Going on a limb and assuming it was memory or graphics related based on when it was crashing.
Last edited by rflulling on Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rflulling

Almost had a fun bug to add. I will simply reference it here since in prep to post the bug, it promptly ran away.

Created a copy of the file, and restarted S3D to be sure everything was reproducible.
I had previously gone in and out of the print mode and gotten the same results, several times. Fortunately, no crash.
Since this green thread issue might be related to the no error crash above, I think this might be a great place to post.

After making a copy of the factory file, and renaming the file to submit, now it no longer acts up.
So this screen shot is as good as it gets. Yes, this ONLY shows moves, I am reasonably sure, and it's not a setting. This happened after setting infill to 75% on fast honeycomb. 20 was fine and 100 was fine. But at 75%, I got green string.
Fresh instance of S3D v5120 with the copied file, the same exact setup, no green string.
I really want to make both of these images side by side but have no idea how to make that happen.
Green Silly string effect at 50-55 mm/s without any actual printing showed. All preview checked off an exposed.
Green Silly string effect at 50-55 mm/s without any actual printing showed. All preview checked off an exposed.
Same exact settings as below. Fresh restart of program on copy of file. Color of string is different and object is now shown correctly.
Same exact settings as below. Fresh restart of program on copy of file. Color of string is different and object is now shown correctly.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”