Monty3DP

V4 License

Hello,
Prior to the upgrade to v5, the V4 License allows install in 2 computers.

Now that I have upgraded to v5, have I lost this now? Or can I have one of each install on two different laptops (I.e one laptop has only V4, and the main laptop has v5)
amigafan2003

Re: V4 License

You can still install V4 on two computers however you can only install v5 on one.
Monty3DP

thanks!!

this is good to know
Amateur6

Not true in my experience! I’m in v4 and can’t activate a second time, just my original installation. This is unacceptable. I’ve only been using S3D for... EIGHT YEARS. I’m glad that getting a new printer prompted me to consider other slicers; this company has been a joke to Reddit users for a long time, and some of use are only finding out now. Goodbye and good riddance.
parallyze

Amateur6 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:51 pm Not true in my experience! I’m in v4 and can’t activate a second time, just my original installation. This is unacceptable. I’ve only been using S3D for... EIGHT YEARS.
Works perfectly fine as before using v4, just tested this:
v4lic.JPG
Two installations/activations as before. You don't happen to have old activations inside your user profile/license management?
Amateur6

parallyze wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:23 am
Works perfectly fine as before using v4, just tested this:
v4lic.JPG

Two installations/activations as before. You don't happen to have old activations inside your user profile/license management?
Sorry, I was a bit upset yesterday, thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, still no luck for ME. Even after deactivating the license on the original machine, I still can’t activate it on a different machine.

And now, when I go to view my previous installations, it shows a non-activated v5 license.

I mean, that does explain why I can’t activate it on more than one machine, but that’s not what I should have. And just for the record, my v4 installation was in July of 2018, upgraded from a v3 installation in January of 2016.
parallyze

Amateur6 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:34 pm I mean, that does explain why I can’t activate it on more than one machine, but that’s not what I should have. And just for the record, my v4 installation was in July of 2018, upgraded from a v3 installation in January of 2016.
Ah, so you upgraded to v5? Yes, that's sadly a consequence when upgrading... if I remember correctly they
do offer a floating license for some $$$, there's been quite some people complaining about this...

Guess if you want to go back to v4 you'll have to contact their support directly, so you get 2 installs again.
S3D-Jason

Purchasing V5 doesn't make any changes to your V4 license. You can keep using V4 exactly like you were previously.

If you're having trouble using the V4 license, might be better to contact our team directly at the link below since they will be able to see much more information about your account:
https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/
Amateur6

S3D-Jason wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:54 am Purchasing V5 doesn't make any changes to your V4 license. You can keep using V4 exactly like you were previously.

If you're having trouble using the V4 license, might be better to contact our team directly at the link below since they will be able to see much more information about your account:
https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/
Well, I didn’t actually purchase v5 — so thank you, I will contact the team!
Amateur6

parallyze wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:03 pm Ah, so you upgraded to v5? Yes, that's sadly a consequence when upgrading... if I remember correctly they
See, that’s the confusing thing, I never DID buy the upgrade — that’s just the only option that’s showing up on my license. Looks like I’ll contact the team directly as suggested above. Thanks for your help, too!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”