TimoTimo

Start Gcode for a Heatbed with 4 bedheatelements

Hello,
I have a headbed with the size of 800x800mm. Under it there a 4 heatingelements.
So I would like to be able to set every single heating element to its own temperature in Simplify3D and pass these temperatures through to my klipper StarGcode "start_print".

Extruder1 -> T0
Heated Bed1 -> T1
Heated Bed1 -> T2
Heated Bed1 -> T3
Heated Bed1 -> T4

Does someone know how to write the star_ print macro?

[gcode_macro start_print]
gcode:

Thanks for your help
S3D-Jason

Re: Start Gcode for a Heatbed with 4 bedheatelements

S3D will typically set the temperatures for all of your extruders and heated beds automatically, so you generally don't need to custom code those into your starting script. For example, if you have no commands at all in the starting script and you export the gcode, you should still see a lot of M104's and M140's in the output gcode.
TimoTimo

It just heats up one. In simplify3d there are possibilities to have multiple extruders and head beds. But there is nowhere information how it works. And there is hard to find information about the S3d variables.

So when I have chosen in the S3d slicer the following:

extruder0 -> T0
bed1 -> T1
bed2 -> T2
bed3 -> T3
bed4 ->T4

What are the s3d variables that I have to write in here to pass the temperatures throug to klipper:

PRINT_START BED_TEMP1=[some S3D variable] BED_TEMP2=[some S3D variable] ........ EXTRUDER_TEMP=[some S3d variable]
S3D-Taylor

Putting the following into your starting script should work:
PRINT_START BED_TEMP1=[bed0_temperature] BED_TEMP2=[bed1_temperature] EXTRUDER_TEMP=[extruder0_temperature]

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”