Paul W

Can't Save Preview Mode Settings

In Preview Mode, I always specify COLORING by MOVEMENT SPEED and PREVIEW BY LINE. Problem is, when I close SImplify3D, these settings are lost. I have to respecify them every time I use the program. That's pretty bad. Is this a bug? Where are Preview Mode settings stored?
parallyze

Re: Can't Save Preview Mode Settings

Paul W wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:00 pm In Preview Mode, I always specify COLORING by MOVEMENT SPEED and PREVIEW BY LINE. Problem is, when I close SImplify3D, these settings are lost. I have to respecify them every time I use the program. That's pretty bad. Is this a bug? Where are Preview Mode settings stored?
Not using v5 myself, so things might be very different...

Have you tried if it does make a difference turning the "saved state"-feature off (used to be in general options)?
(Maybe there's a setting and/or model in the saved state, causing trouble here)

Otherwise you might want to have a look at the registry, up to v4.1.2 these settings were stored in:

Code: Select all

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Simplify3D\S3D-Software\MainOptions

previewByMode (0 = layers, 1 = lines)
previewByColoringMode (0 = speed, 1 = active toolhead, 2 = feature type, 3 = current process)
Note: S3D must not be running while changing those values
S3D-Jason

Re: Can't Save Preview Mode Settings

I know we've had many users contact our support team in the past saying they suddenly had something like blobs occurring all over the preview and couldn't figure out how to make it stop. In reality, the issue was only that they had enabled the Show in Preview > Retractions setting, and forgotten to turn that off.

To help avoid any confusion, some of the settings do typically revert back to reasonable defaults each time you close and open the software. However, if you change the preview settings once the software is open, they are typically maintained the entire time after that.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”