Page 1 of 1

Printing one piece with 2 colors utilizing both extruders

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:30 pm
by kronomike
Hi.
I'm trying to print a panel for a project.
That requires 2 colors, one for the panel, and one for the label text.
I made 2 Boolean models of the panel. Using the Shift + Center and Arrange button combines the models perfectly. Please see the image below.
project.jpg
After assigning each color with a process and a particular extruder as recommended in the tutorial, I proceed to "prepare to print".
The preview shows only the main panel will print. The text part is left out. Please see the image below.
preview.jpg
The other extruder won't be used at all. If start printing it anyways, it would result in a panel without the text, leaving a hollow part.
Does anyone has experience with printing such a project?
What did I miss?
Also attached the factory file.
LH43-100_panel.factory
(204.52 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Thank in advance.

Re: Printing one piece with 2 colors utilizing both extruder

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:37 am
by JoeJ
The text is too thin. It's only around 0.2-0.25mm thick and you have a 0.4mm nozzle. You need to make the text thicker