Page 1 of 1
Goto Center of build platform.
Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:57 pm
by TheSniper
All,
In the GUI where does one go or press to goto the center of the build platform quickly.
X and Y... dont need Z.
TIA
S
Re: Goto Center of build platform.
Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:25 am
by JoeJ
I'm not 100% sure what you are asking.... if you mean to adjust the camera view so that you are looking at the center, just go to View --> Top. That will adjust the view so that you are looking straight down at the center. If you are asking how to center models in X and Y, just press Center and Arrange.
Re: Goto Center of build platform.
Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:35 pm
by TheSniper
What I meant to ask.
Moving the physical part. lets say Im sitting on the end stops. and I want to jog the head to the center point.
If I press the circle at the center of of the Jog panel in the machine control panel I get nothing.
Although the all the other buttons wk.
S
Re: Goto Center of build platform.
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:35 am
by JoeJ
So you're talking about moving the toolhead to the center of the platform? I'm not really sure why you would need to do that, but the jog options only allow you to home the axes, which usually means it goes to the front left corner. Then you can jog to wherever you like.
Re: Goto Center of build platform.
Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:44 pm
by TheSniper
Okay let me ask again but differently.
For instance "Pronterface" in the jog control section has a button right in the center of the jog controls that allows for quick centering of the print head.
Does it matter why I want to do this. does it? it was a question of can/does this do this? Ive become quite fond of this feature in Pronterface.
S
Re: Goto Center of build platform.
Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:49 pm
by DarthRevan
TheSniper wrote:Okay let me ask again but differently.
For instance "Pronterface" in the jog control section has a button right in the center of the jog controls that allows for quick centering of the print head.
Does it matter why I want to do this. does it? it was a question of can/does this do this? Ive become quite fond of this feature in Pronterface.
S
I don't know that you said what printer you're using, but you can easily add a Macro from Tools --> Firmware Configuration --> Macros
G1 X75 Y75 ; Move to center assuming center is (75,75)
if G-Code isn't your fancy you can find a useful reference here:
http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code
Re: Goto Center of build platform.
Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:29 am
by DarthRevan
Upon further thinking you may want to modify that macro to home X and Y before attempting to move to the middle.
G28 X0 Y0 ; Home X and Y
G1 X75 Y75 ; Move to center assuming center is (75,75)