Page 1 of 1

Placing priont on bed.

Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:33 pm
by simplifyguy
Hello all.

I recently moved to Simplify and I was wondering if there is a button or command that will place components on the print bed. What I mean by this is that when I load a new part it often needs to be rotated so that a flat area of the print is on the print bed. When I do the rotation, example: half sphere, I than have to manually shift the object up or down so that it mates with the bed. In Cura there is a lay flat button or when you rotate the object it plops the part onto the print bed without vertical adjustments.

How do I go about doing this here.

Thanks

Re: Placing priont on bed.

Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:26 am
by JoeJ
Once you get it rotated how you want, you can go to Models --> drop model on table. That will adjust the Z-position so that it is touching the build table surface.

I usually just click the Center and Arrange button though, since that corrects the Z-position but also centers it

Re: Placing priont on bed.

Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:41 am
by dkightley
Just to add to Joe's reply, neither of the methods he's described will make any adjustment to the rotational positioning of the object. The object is simply adjusted on the z axis so that it touches the bed.

What you really looking for is the ability to "Lay flat" an object on the bed.....which is the subject of this enhancement request: http://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1146 Adding to the thread may raise it's status......