Page 1 of 1
New Foley Build
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:39 pm
by Don
I've got a new build, it's free for the next week.
It's based off the illustration I did for the June issue of Popular Science.
http://donfoley.com/3d-printing/project ... 2-aircraft
I've printed it a couple times and it prints fine. I did try to scale it down once for a smaller print, and it had some holes. So...don't do that.
Love S3D!
Re: New Foley Build
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:05 am
by BaudR8
Another great model as always Don, thanks a ton!
Re: New Foley Build
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:00 pm
by Don
I really like this print, but because of the long width (as noted on the post) I had some curling.
This isn't anything I've had to deal with before, so I came up with a Home Depot solution.
And it worked great.
Thanks!
Don
Re: New Foley Build
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:44 pm
by Holy1
Don wrote:I really like this print, but because of the long width (as noted on the post) I had some curling.
This isn't anything I've had to deal with before, so I came up with a Home Depot solution.
And it worked great.
Thanks!
Don
So what was the Home Depot solution? (Someone had to ask)
Re: New Foley Build
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:57 pm
by Don
The HD solution is in my print notes...
"This print was done in 3 parts. Even printing in PLA, there was some curling on the plate. Do deal with this, Don rubbed in some vinyl spackling, available at any hardware store and sanded it down with 120 grit sandpaper."
I've used this on many of my BIG prints. If I just rub it down, it gives a good 'rough' feel, or when I sand it down, it gives a good finish.
Re: New Foley Build
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:09 pm
by Holy1
Don wrote:The HD solution is in my print notes...
"This print was done in 3 parts. Even printing in PLA, there was some curling on the plate. Do deal with this, Don rubbed in some vinyl spackling, available at any hardware store and sanded it down with 120 grit sandpaper."
I've used this on many of my BIG prints. If I just rub it down, it gives a good 'rough' feel, or when I sand it down, it gives a good finish.
I had read that, thanks. I thought you had a solution of the pla warping on the bed. I didn't realize that you were speaking of the post print.
Cheers!