Page 1 of 1

New forum design

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:08 pm
by 3Drasle
Is it just me thinking that the new forum look/design is a step in the wrong direction?

Re: New forum design

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:40 pm
by dkightley
No, its not just you. I'm not a fan of this spread out bland style either.

I'm sure its still the same form software....phpBB....but with a custom style applied. I've noticed that some of the functionality is stripped back ....and some views do not have a "return" or "get out" route other than having to use the browser "return" function, somewhat of a schoolboy error in design! :roll:

I don't think things will change....so we'll just to have to grin and bear it!

Re: New forum design

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:43 am
by BaudR8
imo, it's better than the old style! It matches their main website pretty well

Re: New forum design

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:41 pm
by dsegel
The new design is a huge waste of space. There's just way too much open areas with no content. The purpose of a forum is to convey information, not be an example of design.

Re: New forum design

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:25 pm
by jimc
I didnt like it at first but now after getting used to it i like it the same or better. Works much better on a phone ot tablet

Re: New forum design

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:04 am
by JoeJ
I was thrilled for the new design since it finally has a responsive layout for browsing on my phone. The old one didn't, so it was a pain to navigate.

Re: New forum design

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:56 pm
by DarthRevan
The responsive design is nice. I'm definitely a fan of this color scheme over that drab and dreary gray.

Re: New forum design

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:17 pm
by tenaja
DarthRevan wrote:The responsive design is nice. I'm definitely a fan of this color scheme over that drab and dreary gray.
The colors of the old forum could have easily been changed.

I agree with the others that this one has very inefficient use of space. Also, the "view new posts" page that lists all threads with new posts is now lacking the link that jumps you to the first unread post. That means extra clicking or scrolling...

It's nice the colors match the rest of the site, but on a pc, that is the only new thing that is not negative. From a pc user perspective, nothing is better.