Page 1 of 1

temperature issue between processes

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:41 pm
by Rebekah_harper
hiya,

I cant seem to find where the info was regarding the temperature when changing processes.

I've got two processes on a dual nozzle wanhao D4S.

when one process ends and the other starts it refuses to wait to reach temperature. I've used the 'wait till temp stabilises' but nothing just keeps on going.

any chance some one can point me in the right direction.

any g-code ideas when running dual nozzles would be gratefully appreciated too. mainly so I can prime both of my nozzles. or prime the next process before it starts. I am not sure who the multi process is processed when creating the G-Code but clearly ignores the start script.

cheers guys.

becky

Re: temperature issue between processes

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:09 am
by JoeJ
You might want to explain what you are trying to do a bit more.

It is generally a really bad idea to send M109/M190 commands during a build since it can take 30-60 seconds for the temperature to completely stabilize again, and during that time, the hot extruder is oozing everywhere and ruining the print. Now if you are simply trying to set a different temperature for the left and right extruders that stays constantly for the entire print, that's a different story.

The "wait to stabilize before beginning build" option, only applies at startup. So it's going to be around your starting gcode, but it isn't going to send M109 commands during the print since that's a really bad idea. If you want to use different temperature between your two nozzles, then just use the temperature tab and set them there. Both processes should have identical temperature settings, so both should have 2 temperature controllers listed with identical setpoints.

Hope that helps

Re: temperature issue between processes

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:01 am
by DarthRevan
I agree with JoeJ. You should be setting both extruders to heat up during the start. If, for your processes, you use the profiles that end in " (Both Extruders)", the start script will preheat both extruders.