Page 1 of 1

How to rotate?

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:11 am
by nogueira
I need to rotate the model on 3 axis, how do I do that? I can only rotate in X

Re: How to rotate?

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:36 pm
by KeyboardWarrior
nogueira wrote:I need to rotate the model on 3 axis, how do I do that? I can only rotate in X
You can go to Preferences and enable the "Always Show Full 3D Transform Gizmo" which will give the option to rotate in 3-axis.

Also, you can use the Lay-Flat feature under Edit (Place Surface on Bed) as well as double click the model and use the model settings window to rotate.

Re: How to rotate?

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:35 pm
by JoeJ
Personally, if I ever have a rotation that is more complex than rotating around the Z-axis, then I just use the Edit --> Place surface on bed option. That is way quicker than my trying to manually do it.

You can also double click on the part and enter a specific angle if you know it's exactly 90 degrees around the Y-axis or something like that.