Page 1 of 1

Macro for filament loading.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:33 am
by Rebekah_harper
Hiya guys,

Was wondering if anyone has setup a macro or something else similar for filament loading.

Reason is that the D4S is designed to load 0.4mm not 0.2 and I need it to slow down the feed rate.

Any ideas or tips welcome.

Cheers guys :-)

Re: Macro for filament loading.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:58 am
by JoeJ
I Just use the machine control panel and jog the extruder motor back and forth. Pretty simple.

Re: Macro for filament loading.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:51 am
by Rebekah_harper
true but I can't control the rate it's feeding the filament and I don't want to just keep tapping the +0.1 for ages.

the extrude multiplier apparently isn't supported by my machine via the control panel.

I have used it as such but I'd prefer to have a click and go.

plus my printer isn't in an ideal possition any more to keep an eye on the nozzle and the PC screen.