jimmybuckets
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:42 am

Factory File and Infill

Just installed 3.0 and THANK YOU for all the improvements!!! I realize there are going to be issues with all the new improvements and I see people are finding them and posting them. I know S3D will address them...so again THANK YOU!

My issue...and I don't know if it is one, but it seems that the TYPE of infill from my old factory files isn't imported into v3.0. Also I get an error that says "Unable to import FFF setting from selected location" which sometimes won't even open up a model. So what ever infill I used last is what is used when I open the factory file. As an example there is a group of parts I've been working on printing...when I open the factory file and check infill it says hex infill instead of rectilinear. What I'm I doing wrong or is this on purpose...or should it not be that way?

THANKS!
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Factory File and Infill

The old factory files won't have settings for the internal infill pattern. That means that when you open an old factory file, it will just keep the current settings that you have loaded for the external infill pattern.

If you think about it, it makes sense. How would the v2.2 factory files know what to set for the external infill pattern otherwise?
jimmybuckets
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:42 am

Re: Factory File and Infill

I'm having a hard time getting old factory files to open at all. No model shows up when I open older factory files. As far as the infill goes I get your explanation...but still should import the old fff file as is in my opinion. Any reason I'm not getting my files to open with model?
CT4
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:13 am
Location: Sydney Australia

Re: Factory File and Infill

+1 I too can not get my old factory files to open at all.
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Factory File and Infill

Post the factory file. I'd be happy to try it on my computer. I haven't had any issues opening old factory files (and I have many ;) ).

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”