Page 1 of 1

Edit prep mode and preview show different supports

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:49 am
by NW27
Hi,
When I load a STL onto the build platform, it looks as per how I made it in Sketchup, however when I select "Prepare to print" and it shows the preview mode, this model as stringy bits that aren't in the original files.
These stringy bits are also printed.
The red lines on the right are the extra stringy bits.
Any ideas?
Kind regards,
Neil.
Image

Re: Edit prep mode and preview show different supports

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:11 am
by dkightley
Your attachment is not showing...so we can only make assumptions....

The "red lines" you quote in the preview view are travel views, ie movements the extruder head makes when it isn't extruding. Note there's a tick box to turn the display of these lines on and off.

With respect to the stringy bits you get that follow the red lines in the preview, the cure is to adjust the parameters for ooze control. See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1980

You will need to increase the retraction to reduce the stringy bits, etc.