imagebuff

Printing multiple identical copies with sequential printing?

Is it true that they didn't get this feature into 3.0? So if I want to print 10 duplicate items on a plate sequentially (much higher quality) I still have to create 10 separate processes and match each identical process to each identical model!? This is a ridiculous amount of work for what should take seconds. You should be able to duplicate a model 10 times, create a single process for all of them, and then choose to print sequentially. I sure hope I'm missing this in 3.0.
imagebuff

Re: Printing multiple identical copies with sequential print

Simplify? Can you please confirm this feature is absent or present in 3.0?

Note that in 2.x we were instructed to duplicate the processes for this operation by using "Add" and it would create a perfect copy of the process. That wasn't true then and, based on my 3.0 testing, it still isn't. If the base process doesn't have a temp controller setting then the new process will create one. So for each new process the user has to meticulously remove the added temp controller and then tediously select the unique model its associated with. Now do this 20 times w/o error! All just to get sequential printing of 20 identical parts.
JoeJ

The multi-part printing tutorial says to use multiple processes, so I assume that's how it works: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/tuto ... -printing/

FYI - This is a user forum, so if you want to converse directly with their staff, I would recommend emailing them from here: https://www.simplify3d.com/contact/
jd_3d

I have been asking for this feature for a while too (requested over a year ago). It seems like it should not be a lot of work for them to support sequential printing of the exact same model using only 1 process.
checktest

Is this available yet?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”