Page 1 of 1

Strange ooze control behavior

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:38 am
by dkightley
I've been fine tuning a print profile to print fine section girders in PLA. I've only been making small changes so I can see the visible effect of the changes made. The results of one change gave me more then I was expecting:
IMG_2074_red.JPG
The one on the left is before the box was ticked, and the one on the right after!

All I had done was to tick the Perform retraction during wipe movement box on the Ooze Control Behavior section of the Advansed tab.

Can anyone think why this might happen?

Re: Strange ooze control behavior

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:12 am
by Rebekah_harper
It could be trying to use the function but on short distances it's going to have issues.

I only use it if there is time for the line to get going and enough for the function to work.

Re: Strange ooze control behavior

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:26 am
by JoeJ
I've been using that setting with great success, but maybe it's your thin posts that are causing issues like rebekah said.

Can you post the factory file?

Re: Strange ooze control behavior

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:14 am
by dkightley
Hi Joe

Factory file attached....

This is not a show-stopper of an issue as I've got a profile now that will give good results. I was trying to eliminate totally the minisuce stringing I've been getting.

btw This part is one of the smallest parts of a 1/450 scale model of the Forth Rail Bridge.

Re: Strange ooze control behavior

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:21 am
by JoeJ
Oh wow. I didn't realize how small this model is! With a part this tiny, you probably don't want to be using any wiping at all. Those posts are just too small. Adding extra wiping on top of them probably won't help and may even knock them over at that size.