sorcerer
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Dual extruder for speedup

Hello,

I am curious if the feature I am thinking of already exists.

Is it possible to print with both extruders for speedup? As the distance of both extruders remain the same, it would for example be possible to generate infill in just that distance so both extruders could print at the same time.


Best Regards
-Tom
User avatar
KeyboardWarrior
Posts: 480
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Re: Dual extruder for speedup

sorcerer wrote:Hello,

I am curious if the feature I am thinking of already exists.

Is it possible to print with both extruders for speedup? As the distance of both extruders remain the same, it would for example be possible to generate infill in just that distance so both extruders could print at the same time.


Best Regards
-Tom
This would be firmware controlled. That would be something similar to Ditto Printing (printing with both nozzles to create two small objects on the build-plate.

I think the more common thing to do is to have one wide nozzle that prints Infill and one thin nozzle for perimeters. The Robox printer does this, and I think there's some custom E3D nozzles that do this as well.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”