rrdavis

Re: Perimeter layer gaps, not connected

Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:31 am

mitcheld wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:39 am
To summarize, is it possible to do any of the following?
- Change extrusion multiplier for perimeter only
- Change extrusion multiplier for infill only
- Change extrusion multiplier for top/bottom layers
Yes, you can do this. Just setup a new extruder on the Extruders tab, but make sure to use the same toolhead number as the prior extruder. That way they both use the same tool, but now you can configure the extrusion multiplier for each one differently.

Then you just assign whichever extruder you want to infill, outlines, support, etc

alvess

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:57 am

To summarize, is it possible to do any of the following?
- Change extrusion multiplier for perimeter only
- Change extrusion multiplier for infill only
- Change extrusion multiplier for top/bottom layers
Yes, you can do this. Just setup a new extruder on the Extruders tab, but make sure to use the same toolhead number as the prior extruder. That way they both use the same tool, but now you can configure the extrusion multiplier for each one differently.

Then you just assign whichever extruder you want to infill, outlines, support, etc
-No
-Yes
-Yes but not without effecting perimeters.

I also want to change perimeters extrution without effecting top/bottom layer.
But not possible as for now.
A must for good prints with E3D volcano.

mntbighker

Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:40 pm

I've had plenty of issues with unattached perimeter walls as well. First in Slic3r and now S3D. Both PETG and PLA. It happens as much on straight walls as curved.

andersonmatt1125

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:05 am

I had the same problems while printing PETG. Infill is completely fused together, infill is completely fused to the inner perimeter, but my outer shells were not fused. I could very easily separate them with the tip of a knife, and they just peeled away from eachother.

I've fixed it by setting my extrusion width to the same as my nozzle diameter, and also bumped up temperatures from 250 to 265. Now every part of the print is solid and fused together like it should be for maximum strength!

patniemeyer

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:46 am

andersonmatt1125 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:05 am
I had the same problems while printing PETG. Infill is completely fused together, infill is completely fused to the inner perimeter, but my outer shells were not fused. I could very easily separate them with the tip of a knife, and they just peeled away from eachother.

I've fixed it by setting my extrusion width to the same as my nozzle diameter, and also bumped up temperatures from 250 to 265. Now every part of the print is solid and fused together like it should be for maximum strength!
I'm having the exact same problem (PETG, only outer shells not fused), but this only happens for me with Simplify3D, not with Slic3r. When you say that you set your extrusion width to the same as your nozzle diameter - was that increasing or decreasing it for you? I have been using "Chris's FFF" settings which have a 0.44mm extrusion width for a 0.4mm nozzle. I bumped my extrusion multiplier up to 1.1 and it helped a bit but I still don't get fused outer shells with S3D.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”