Page 1 of 1

Rafts with dual extrusion model

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:20 pm
by blairmi2
Is it possible to specify a single raft when using dual extruders with multiple STLs? I would like to print a bottle cap in one color and lettering on top with a second.

Additional details:

I have a Power Spec 3D which is essentially a Flash Forge Creator Pro. I am printing with PLA and require a raft on the first layer due to the small size of the cap and the pattern it starts to print when it starts. When trying to use makerbot desktop, it prints the raft with extruder 1, then the cap with extruder 1, then another raft with extruder 2, and then the letters with extruder 2. I can't seem to remove the 2nd raft in between the STL models.

If Simplify 3d can do this I will be purchasing. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Rafts with dual extrusion model

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:28 pm
by BaudR8
Yes you can do this, you would set up a process just for the bottle cap and apply a raft to it. Then apply a second process to the lettering, but just turn off the raft and make sure the second process is using the other extruder

Re: Rafts with dual extrusion model

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:30 pm
by Narg
Simplify 3D with the FlashForge make of 3D printers is amazing. You can really make this printer do anything and everything you could dream of. Though keep in mind the term "simple" is not quite correct, as the settings can be very complex and troublesome. Also, see if you can get the 2.2.x version now and not 3.0.x as that version is extremely buggy right now.

Re: Rafts with dual extrusion model

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:33 am
by blairmi2
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm quickly realizing I need more advanced software and this looks like the way to go.

Can I ask if simplify3d works better with a specific firmware on the flash forge or does it not matter. I'm still running stock.