bolsoncerrado

Re: Tip of the Day 30 - Using 3DTouch, CubeX,CubePro and Rap

Has anyone tried to run a converted file on a cube3 printer?

I'm really looking forward being able to generate the pri t files with sad rather than any other thing a d then being able. to feed them to a cube3. someone pointed out we can use. codex too and just rename the file to. cube for the cube3 but was wondering about the profile. itself too...
ganner918

Without considering the consequences (and without having read this thread), I updated my CubePro's firmware to v2.00 so that I could run a print from the CubePro software - I'd thought with simple prints that didn't need any tweaking of support material or print settings I could just use the quicker, easier option. Now my prints from S3D are garbage. Some of it seems to be underextrusion - I get gaps in my perimeters, "solid" layers aren't entirely solid. Angled overhang sections are particularly bad - mangled, awful looking. And it seems there is no way to roll back a firmware update.

Anyone had any luck actually getting an older firmware to install (I have a copy of v1.10), or encountered these problems on the new firmware and managed to fix them?
brian442

I would really be surprised if they released a firmware update that completely changed how the printer actually printed their cubepro files, since that means everyone's prior files wouldn't work anymore! So try printing a file you already printed from simplify3d on that machine before. If it prints entirely different now, then something on the machine must have changed. It's possible it could be a mechanical problem like a semi-clogged extruder (that used to happen all the time on one of my old 3dsystems printers). That would cause lots of under-extrusion and lots of other problems around the part. Also possible it could be a feeding problem with too much friction in the bowden tube, or the extruder drive gear not gripping the filament well enough. But if you rule all of these things out, then maybe they really did do something crazy and completely change the way the printer processed cubepro files...
ganner918

Thanks, I'll try printing an old file. I just know that yesterday I printed the same piece from Simplify3D and from the CubePro software, and I got a good part from the CubePro file, and a complete trash part from the Simplify3D file.
brian442

Also I think you will have much better chance of getting help if you make a new thread ;)
alex-koch

@ ganner918: If you manage to downgrade your firmware, please let us know. I'm sure you will make a lot of new friends :D
ganner918

I printed an old cubepro file I'd made with Simplify3D and this one printed fine. So now I'm getting confused. The older file was from an older version of S3D, before they added the built in support for the CubePro. Thinking back, too, I think after thatS3D upgrade was when I first started having some problems with top, flat solid layers not forming well and having gaps or being too thin.
bolsoncerrado

So anyone care to share cubePro profiles for Simplify3D? if understood correctly, the resuted sliced file renamed to cube3 shoud work on cube3 printers too, right?
CompoundCarl

You can get the CubePro profile by going to Help > Configuration Assistant. It's already in there.
bolsoncerrado

OK managed to generate a bfb file. Now what? :D

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”