Page 1 of 1

Installing v3 on old XP

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:30 pm
by s3d-user
Hello first post,

Trying to install the 32 bit Windows v3 on an old P3 500 meg ram XP machine so I can practice with it, but it gives an error immediately when clicking the install icon, similar to if I try to install a 64 bit app by accident. Might the 32 bit install download be 64 bit by mistake? (I downloaded it twice to check).

Thanks

Re: Installing v3 on old XP

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:27 pm
by KeyboardWarrior
s3d-user wrote:Hello first post,

Trying to install the 32 bit Windows v3 on an old P3 500 meg ram XP machine so I can practice with it, but it gives an error immediately when clicking the install icon, similar to if I try to install a 64 bit app by accident. Might the 32 bit install download be 64 bit by mistake? (I downloaded it twice to check).

Thanks
I think that the issue you are encountering is due to the fact that the computer you listed is below the Pentium 4 requirement.

System Requirements:
— Intel Pentium 4 or higher processor

— 2GB or more of RAM

— Windows XP or greater

— Mac OS X 10.6 or greater

— Ubuntu Linux 12.10 or greater

— OpenGL 2.0 capable system