vcartera
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Inner supports

I am trying to print a hollow sphere. Printing one half at a time. Everything works fine, except for the last 15-20%. The angles on top are so narrow, that layers won't bond.

I don't want to add any infill. First of all, for the top layers to stick properly, you need a decent infill resolution, and that adds up to the weight. Therefore, I don't want any infill.

So, how do I add some supports inside an object?
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Inner supports

Just model the sphere as a hollow object in your CAD package. Then you can correctly add supports to it as you would any other model.

The software isn't going to place supports inside your object if it's truly a solid 3D object that isn't hollow
vcartera
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Re: Inner supports

Thank you Joej, I figured that out last night and was able to add supports. Now I am facing ugly layer separations during the print, but that's another story, right? ;)

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”