rforeman

Simplfy3D,Windows 10 and the DaVici 1.0?

Has anybody upgrade their PC to Windows 10 and has a DaVici 1.0? From what I have seen posted in some other forums is Windows 10 now shows the DaVici as a printer and not as a com port. I have not upgraded the PC that my printer is on and was just wandering if any has and if Simplify3D is connecting to the printer.
Rebekah_harper

Re: Simplfy3D,Windows 10 and the DaVici 1.0?

Although I don't have the davici printer i do have a Wanhao.

I have upgraded to Win10 and using the USB port has given me no end of trouble. So I don't any more, I just use the SD card.

simplify3D seems to work fine. There are times that it doesn't respond but picks up again as if nothing happened and I carry on.

I have win7 and win10 still on the computer so I can go back any time.

Mine isn't listed as a printer but under other devices.
JoeJ

Windows 10 has had several known issues with usb communication. As far as I know, none of them have been fixed yet.

S3D is going to use serial port communication via the COM port, regardless of if Windows 10 has a "printer" driver built-in, since that's just for use with their simplified apps.

I would stick with an earlier version of Windows until they fix usb communication with Win10.
CompoundCarl

Windows 10 has made a mess of usb communication. I've been trying to get it working constantly for the last few days, but the serial drivers just seem to randomly shut off. I can't believe they didn't bother fixing this before release since it was reported many months ago in earlier Windows 10 builds :evil:

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”