lamiskin
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Issues printing Ninja Semiflex

Hi All,

I am not sure if I am having issues printing semi flex, or if my expectations are not achievable using my Robo3D printer.

I've been trying to print with ninja semiflex (which I understand is easier to print than standard ninja flex). I've gotten okay results by lowering print speed to 10mm/s, 1.25 extrusion multiplier, 235 Deg C and did the standard tube support to stop the material buckling (previously I was having extrusion issues).

Image

I've also tried combinations of cooler (210 Deg C) all the way up to hotter temps (250 Deg C), it seems to be around the 230-235 mark I am getting the nicest prints. Any lower and I have issues extruding (as in it just doesn't).

I've also tried some faster speeds up to 20mm/s, as I read one person had some success there, but it seemed to have also failed for me.

Some previous failures (and some fairly successful prints):
Image

So in the first image above, is that about the best qaulity between the layers that I can acheive? It just seems a bit to rough from what I've seen from standard Ninja flex. I can't seem to find many examples of semi flex prints out there to compare too.

Image
Attachments
IMG_6428.JPG
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Issues printing Ninja Semiflex

A lot of people recommend printing at slower speeds and also disabling retractions when using flexible filaments. You want slow and steady extrusion. No sudden changes.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”