Page 1 of 1

Alternate way to repair models

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:42 pm
by bbinnard
I've done model repair using this program on several of my more complex parts and it has worked better than Netfabb - much faster and easier than either Netfabb Basic or the online version. The name of the program is 3D Builder and you can get it here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/a ... zdncrfj3t6

The program is a "modern" application, so it has an unusual user interface, and all I have really done with it is repair models, but it does this quite fast and very effectively. I have never had a problem slicing a part repaired by 3D Builder.

If you have complex models that you repair with Netfabb or other means I think you might like this one.

Re: Alternate way to repair models

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:27 am
by bbinnard
I forgot to mention that because 3D Builder is a "modern" application it will not run on Windows 7 (or earlier versions.) It has to run on Windows 8 or 10; I've been running it on 10.

Re: Alternate way to repair models

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:52 am
by MJAussie360
Worth a mention, if you have Windows 10, this comes default in the installation.