Page 1 of 1

Exporting/Importing FFF Settings in v3.0.1?

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:37 pm
by jhaupt
I recently upgraded to v3.0.1 from v2.2.2 (on Debian) but can't see a way of exporting an FFF settings profile. I feel I must be missing something, am I? Sharing these setting between different computers (and different licenses) is a common need.

~Justine

Re: Exporting/Importing FFF Settings in v3.0.1?

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:52 pm
by KeyboardWarrior
jhaupt wrote:I recently upgraded to v3.0.1 from v2.2.2 (on Debian) but can't see a way of exporting an FFF settings profile. I feel I must be missing something, am I? Sharing these setting between different computers (and different licenses) is a common need.

~Justine
It's recommend to use Simplify3D 3.0 profiles (Help-->Configuration Assistant to add profiles), since a lot has changed from 2.2.2 to 3.0.1, however you can import version 2.2.2 profiles if needed.

To import from Simplify3D 2.2.2 profile into Simplify3D 3.0, click Edit Process Settings in Simplify3D 2.2.2 and then click Export to save a .fff file. From there, close Simplify3D 2.2.2, then open Simplify3D 3.0 and then go to File-->Import FFF Profile.

Re: Exporting/Importing FFF Settings in v3.0.1?

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:58 pm
by jhaupt
Thank you very much, just what I was hoping for.