PinballGeorgio
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:58 am

Speed with PETG and small (10mm) tubes

Hi,

I have a problem when printing with PETG. When I print a small tube 10mm diameter and with 2 perimeter shells, normal speed settings in S3D (55mm/s print and 90mm/s movement) the printing of every layer goes very slow.
I think this is done in the S3D software because of the plastic needs to be cooled down before printing the next layer, so the result will be nicer.
But that's not happening. The clear PETG is becoming white and not transparent at this speed. When I change the speed setting on the control panel of my printer to 3X faster, the output is very shiny, transparent and smooth.

Where can I find the settings to adjust this behaviour? It looks like S3D calculates the speed for every layer with thin diameters going up the Z axis.
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Speed with PETG and small (10mm) tubes

It's on the Cooling tab. Read this if you need more info: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2364&p=9678
PinballGeorgio
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:58 am

Re: Speed with PETG and small (10mm) tubes

Thanks! found it there and have good settings now.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”