bbinnard
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:07 pm

Large spiral vase

This large vase printed in 34 hours 12 minutes with a layer height of 0.200mm.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
I sliced ​​it with Simplify3D and had no problems with printing other than a fair number of hairs. I used a hair dryer and a little sandpaper to get rid of these .

I have done a number of experiments involving retract length, retract speed, Z-lift, and varying temperature, and it seems that it is just not possible to eliminate hairs with a Bowden-tube style printer.

You can get the STL File for this part here:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1020197
or here:
https://pinshape.com/ite.../10372-3d-pr ... piral-vase
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Large spiral vase

Nice! That's a huge print! Very impressive results with so many retractions and jumps between the different spirals

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”