Page 1 of 1

Pause or Stop with additional gcode commands

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:05 pm
by checktest
I see the stop and pause commands on the machine control panel, but they just stop the extruder right where it's at (creating a blob / melting the part until you hurry up and go to jog controls and move it yourself).

I would prefer to have a set of commands automatically executed after pause or stop. Basically, move the extruder out of the way (up slightly, then to the back left corner of the build plate). I see the Macro command buttons. I put gcode in them to try to accomplish this, but after executing these moves it immediately continues printing. Below is what I've entered for the macro buttons. Is this possible to do with the macros? Or, is there a better way to accomplish this?

;Stop with gcode:
G91 ; set to relative positioning
G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle
G90 ; set to absolute positioning
G0 X0 Y220 ;move hotend out of the way
M84 ; disable motors
M104 S0 ; turn off extruder temperature
M140 S0 ;turn off bed temperature
M107 ;turn off print cooling fans
M112 ;e-stop

;Pause with gcode:
G91 ; set to relative positioning
G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle
G90 ; set to absolute positioning
G0 X0 Y220 ;move hotend out of the way
M0 ;pause, wait for user to hit button to resume

Re: Pause or Stop with additional gcode commands

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:13 am
by CompoundCarl
I do this with my printer. I just click the Pause button in the Simplify3D machine control panel, then I click my "Pause Print" macro. It jogs the head up and then homes the X-axis to get it out of the way.

If you're trying to find a gcode command that will pause or stop the print, I don't think they exist. Just click Pause or Stop in Simplify3D, then click your macro button.