Karl_Williams

Extruder and heat bed On/Off Buttons request

I have a feature request to add On/Off toggle buttons for the extruder and heated bed. It's a bit of a pain having to type the temperatures and then type in '0' to turn them off. The button could change colours depending on whether it's on or off or maybe have an led type of indicator. When the button is clicked, it would turn green and send the m104 or m140 code with the temperature and when it's clicked again it would turn grey and send the m104 or m140 with 0. It would also be nice to have the actual temperature reading in a box close by because reading the scrolling temperatures in the communications window is also painful.

Karl.
Karl_Williams

Re: Extruder and heat bed On/Off Buttons request

I just added extruder and heated bed off m-codes to one of the macro buttons. Is there a way to rename the macro buttons?
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Re: Extruder and heat bed On/Off Buttons request

We're looking to add a temperature and position readout in the future so you don't have to try to read everything off the graph. I'll see if we can squeeze in some sort of an on/off toggle for the temperatures. I like the ideal of color coding too so that you know when the extruder is hot just by looking at the GUI.

And there's no way to rename the Macro buttons in 1.0.4 but hopefully 3 isn't too many to remember ;)

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”