flarre
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:03 pm

Launch on Debian

Hello,
I just bought Simplify3d yesterday (and wait for my printer tomorrow...) so I installed it and tried to launch... nothing in apps, nothing in terminal...

searched in forum and no result for debian install

had to cd /opt/Simplify3D-3.0.2 and launch ./LauncherScript.sh
so I modified LauncherSript.sh to :

#!/bin/bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""
cd /opt/Simplify3D-3.0.2/
./Simplify3D

(add the third line : cd /opt/Simplify3D-3.0.2/)

and used alacarte (but menulibre would do the trick as well) to make a launcher for Simplify3D (just add a new element anywhere with any title you like and "/opt/Simplify3D-3.0.2/LaunchScript.sh" in command, you can select the simplify logo by clicking in the left square)

I thought it would be useful to add this topic as I searched for Debian and nothing showed
giantpune
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:58 am

Re: Launch on Debian

Thanks. I had also come across this issue and solution. I submitted it to the support team and hopefully they fix it for a future update. For people with a printer that uses x3g files, I found that Simplify3D on 64bit linux contains a 32bit binary to create the x3g files, and the installer does not ensure all the necessary libraries are installed. It is necessary to install the libc6:i386 package before this binary will run.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libc6:i386

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”