Cutia
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:22 pm

XY Islands

Hey Guys,
I'm new here on this forum, and i really hope you guys could help me.

I've made some prints at 0.1mm, they all work fine, except for one problem.

It seems that even though the Z resolution is at 0.1, the xy resolution is way lower, making vertical lines on cilinders, and xy islands on curved objects.

Its a section of a arm, this is the position it was printed, so it will have horizontal lines as expected.

Image

But, with we look at the side of the arm, were is convex, you can see the xy islands that i'm saying.

Image

I have a Sethi 3d Aip, it's a brazilian printer, the guys from the company says the step size of the X and Y motors is 0,0125mm.

So, is there any type of setup that i fix that inside Simplfy3d?
Can this be a configuration issue?


Thanks in advance!
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: XY Islands

Perhaps you need to export your STL file with a higher resolution. I can hardly even see the lines you are talking about, but that may help!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”